TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

So I just finished up my continuing ed classes today and I'm happy for that!  On the flip side it means I only have two more weeks on orientation before they cut the cord and let me go.  I'm scared out of my mind!  But this blog really isn't about that.

This blog is to get off my chest the transition from (professional) student to professional nurse.

I have so much now that I didn't have before.  I also have so much less than I had before.  It's give and take and so far the take part sucks ass.

My whole life is changing before my eyes and I don't know what to do.  The easy answer is to roll with the waves but sometimes these waves are so huge that they take you under and you have to fight your way back to the air just to breathe.

Nursing school doesn't prepare you for this.  Yes you graduate but they don't mention how your whole life can change along with it.

For me the change has been slow and then it was like I've hit a brick wall.  BAM! Change is staring me right in the face just daring me to move forward.  It's taunting me.  It's saying to me "you know you want it.  Come and get it chicken!"

I like change but at the same time I don't like it.  I'm facing many scary life transitions right now and it sucks.  Change just a little bit at a time is good but a lot of change all at once is destroying me.

Add on to that the fact that I will very soon be trying to swim with my head above the waves at work with being on my own.

Sometimes I just don't know what to do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels