TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

I just completed working 5 days in a row.  That's about 60 hours.  I'm exhausted.  Don't know how I did it but I don't EVER want to do it again!

Anyhow, Sunday and Monday were my first days off of orientation.  Sunday was really ackward.  I'm sure my podner didn't help the situation out much but either way it sucked and I had convinced myself that I failed.  I didn't break the kids and got everything done but I just felt like I didn't do as well as I could have.

I felt very lost not having my preceptor there.  I felt very lonely as well.  I normally work the end of the week and the begining of the week has a whole different set of regulars.  I only knew a few people that were working.

When I got home that night I couldn't decide if I wanted to throw in the towel or not.  I didn't feel good about what I did and how I did it.  Even though nothing went wrong, I felt like everything went wrong.  I can't really explain it well in words.  Wish I could.

Monday went much much better.  I felt more comfortable standing on my own two feet.  I had a pretty good podmate who was much more friendly than the person I was with on Sunday.  It was just better overall.  I was even comfortable helping out my podmate with her kids when she got an admit.

Between both days though I would have to say it was successful.  I'm scared to get an admission on my own but I'm getting there.  I'll never know how it will go until it happens.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels