TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

The trip ended up going very well.  I'm exhausted but that is expected.  What sucks is that I have to go grocery shopping today and then, if I feel up to it, tae kwon do tonight.  We'll see.  I'm still sore from boating on the lake.

The trip started off with a really nice plane ride.  I really enjoy flying Americn Airlines.  It sucks that you have to buy snacks and pay to check your bags but it's definately one step up from flying Southwest.

Saturday was spent in Chicago.  We weren't able to check into our hotel right away so we dropped our bags and walked to the Navy Pier and ate lunch at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co  (Finally!).  It was everything I thought it would be.  I'm so glad I got to go there.

We didn't hang out at the peir that much longer though.  It was packed, shoulder to shoulder people so we couldn't see everything we wanted to.  We gave up and walked to Michigan Ave to do some shopping.

While I really enjoyed Michicgan Ave, it wasn't everything I thought it would be.  There were a lot of expensive stores there like Cole Han and Armani but the other stores were just like what you would see back home.  I know I may be shot for this but I really like the shopping at Uptown better than the shopping there.  Maybe I just need to go back and see it more, it's worth another trip, but that was my first impression anyway.

We stayed at a super nice hotel called the Swissotel (no, it's not a misspelling) off of Wacker Drive so we could walk anywhere we wanted to go.  We had a nice lake view where we could see the Chicago river, Lake Michigan, Lakeshore Drive, and the Navy Pier.  I have to say that I really dont't think that the hotel was worth what we paid for it though.  It was super super expensive, bill came out to $500 for one night!!!!  Luckily it was split 4 ways but even still!  I would have been much happier staying in a cheaper hotel like the Embassy Suites, where the breakfast rocks!

The room we got was supposed to have two queen beds and we ended up with two full size beds.  I was super disappointed about that.  The beds were way comfy and the bathroom totally rocked!  It has a seperate shower which was really nice.  The bad part about the shower though is that no matter where you pointed the showerhead, it would spray on the floor and the floor was marble tile.  It seemed very dangerous to me.

We got our breakfast comped and I happy for that because their breakfast menu totally sucked!  We did the breakfast buffet and if we had to pay for it, it would have been 26 per person!  Totally NOT worth that kind of money.

I was happy to say that I did get the experience of staying in a very very nice hotel but I also wouldn't do that again unless it's on someone else's tab or if it were just my husband and me and we had time and space to relax in the room.

I need to go get some grocery shopping done before I go back to work tomorrow.  I will write about the rest, and the best, part of the trip when I have time again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels