TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

Balloon Fiesta came and went this year.  I'm bummed.  We only got to go one night for a balloon glow and it got canceled due to a storm.  At least we still got to see fireworks.  I did get my pins and my program.  I still need to pull out my hat and put my pins on.

I guess I'm just bummed that I didn't get to go more.  Usually we go to an ascent and a glow.  I did get to see the ascents from far away though so I didn't totally miss out on it all.  Then yesterday at work some of the balloons went right by us so I got to watch them out the window.

I took care of a kid yesterday with a really really young dad.  It was tough.  I didn't agree with the whole thing between mom and dad.  I just didn't get it.  None of it made any sense whatsoever.  So while they were there, I bit my tounge pretty much the whole time.

There are so many situations like that out there that it makes me so sad.  There is an older adult male that has rationalized having sex with a teenager because he claims he is a born again christian.  WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!

What is wrong with these people?  I'm not going to say any more here but I can tell you that it gets much much worse than that.

What is it that makes these people so sick like that?  What went wrong in their childhood to make them think that stuff like this is OK?

UGH! 

Report was kind of interesting yesterday.  I had the longest report on two very easy kids and to be honest, I got a lot of what I didn't need to know and not enough of what I needed to know.  I'm not a fan of report like that.  I really wonder if the person I was getting report from was just riding the clock and using a long report as an excuse to get some doubletime (anything past 7:30 is double time for us).  Some people will do that.  Really if you are only getting 15 or 30 minutes of overtime, it makes no difference on your check at all.  Pennies at most.  Then it makes management mad.

The tae kwon do tournament is on Saturday.  I just realized last night that I haven't practiced any of the breaks I signed up to do.  I signed up to do all 4 events, sparring, patterns, power breaking, and technique breaking.  I could really use the practice on my technique breaking and patterns.  I don't know why but I'm nervous about this.

I need a massage.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels