TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

I made my first attempt today at eating clean.  I've been reading about it for quite some time.  I just recently bought the Eat Clean Diet Recharged (I also have the original).

After reading about the benefits of the clean eating lifestyle over and over again, I decided that it's time to stop reading about it and take some action.

Tonight I armed myself with my eat clean grocery list and headed out to Sunflower market.  I figured if they didn't have it at Sunflower, I didn't need it.

I couldn't believe how full my cart was of fresh veggies!  I spent more time in the produce section than I have in years!  My cart actually looked pretty with all the color!

I got to the checkout line expecting a hefty grocery bill but much to my surprise, it was less than I usually spend at the store by about $50!

I think the benefit of shopping at Sunflower is the temptation of the well known prepackaged, nutrient void foods is taken away.  They don't carry Lay's potato chips, big name ice cream or anything like that.

As I was making my lunch I realized that when I was counting calories last year with much success, a lot of what I was packing in my lunch was clean food!  I would pack the occasional frozen dinner but it was at least 70% clean, high-density nutritious food.

This time around I'm focusing more on WHAT I'm eating rather than how much.

Why? 

This is part of me taking back control of my health and my life.  I've been thinkng lately about how much of an impact my lifestyle could be having on my lack of getting pregnant.

I already exercise in moderate amounts.  My tae kwon do class is like a HIIT workout and the other workouts I do during the week such as weight lifting is of moderate steady state intensity.

Plus these past few days my diet has been absolute crap and I'm wondering if that's why I've been feeling as such.

Eating clean really is simple.  Just think natural.  It's not hard to cook a nutritious, natural, nonprepackaged meal.  Even with prep time it takes the same amount of time, if not less time with practice, to prepare as does a prepackaged meal.

The benefit is that I will be loading up my body with the food it was made to eat and process.  I'm essentially going to turn my body into the efficient food processing machine it was intended by nature to be.  I don't know about you, but that thought excites me!

I've taken charge and changed my diet to a more natural and less processed yucky food one. 

Are you ready to take charge and own your health through the natural nonprocessed food that our bodies were made to eat?

I double dog dare you!!!!!!!!!

Ki-yap!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels