TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

Had my first day of real clinicals today. It actually went well except for the nurse I was assigned to. She wasn't the most friendly of sports. My instructor (and those of us who had her as well) likened her to the word bitch. She was very rude and not so helpful. I'm glad she won't be working tomorrow. Maybe I'll get someone who isn't inconvenienced by students.

I found her this morning and was asking her for report and I had to ask several times and then she got an attitude about it. It was not a good way to start off my day.

So last night I worked on my care plan. These new care plans don't take nearly as long as the old ones from level one. I'm so happy for that. I actually had time to study lecture stuff last night which was unheard of in level one. Yay!

All in all, the day wasn't so bad. I got a lot done and the tech that I shared a patient with today was super super helpful! I got to talk to two of the techs and they were both really really nice. I was very thankful for that.

I'm skipping another workout today. For some reason both of my ankles are sore and I don't want to put myself out with an injury. I believe I over did it with my speed workout on Tuesday.

If I learned only one thing this year about running and injuries....that is to take a few days off at the first signs of an ache no matter how hard it is to to take those days off because it will save you a lot of hurt and frustration in the future. Unfortunately I had to learn that one the hard way but I'm done with not listening to my body. I didn't listen after my last marathon in November and ran 10 miles the next week while I was still supposed to be recovering and then I kept going and ended up having to take almost two weeks off in January because of (SURPRISE!) an injury. I feel like I'm still making up for that lost time. No more. I'm done with not listening! :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels