TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

It's always good to start a week with a run. A good run nonetheless. :-) Today was supposed to be speed work but I kept getting woken up by leg cramps last night so I figured that it wasn't a good idea to do speed so I swapped workouts and did my easy run today instead. I will follow it by an easy swim after school.

I'm glad I did this. I woke up this morning to no sun at all which is really unusual for being in the high desert. It was also unusually humid.

I hit the road at about 0700 and got back before 8. I took it super easy today. I was going to use my HR zones keeping my HR between 60% and 80% of MHR but my HRM wasn't picking up my HR this morning so I had to run it by feel and I'm OK with that. I kept it all super easy and actually ran the whole 3 miles with no walk breaks. I did have to slow down twice for traffic but that's it.

One of the goals I set at the beginning of May was to be able to run my easy weekday runs with no walk breaks and I finally made it! I didn't even have to think about it either. Normally I would take a walk break at every mile like we do with Albuquerque Fit.

So as I was running this morning I was thinking about what I was going to blog. Several things came to mind and they were pretty cool but, as things have it, I completely forgot about them when I got home.

It's amazing how quickly things are forgotten when on a run. I think that's why I run. It's an escape for my mind. When I run I have this uncanny ability to completely clear my mind and just think about the task at hand. Sometimes I don't even think about that (like today for example).

I could tell you the route that I ran and the turns I took and the hills that were involved (there are two doozies!) but other than that the only thing I can tell you is that it was more humid than usual, overcast with a slight breeze blowing to the east.

Oh yeah.....and I feel great and ready to face my day!

I have the test review at school today so I'm going early for that. I can't wait to see what I did wrong so hopefully I won't make those same mistakes again. I am really studying well and trying to make up for my last exam. The more I talk to my fellow classmates, the more thankful I am that I passed the exam. There were quite a few who didn't pass. The other nice thing is that we have a total of 5 tests so I can still make up for it. I'm aiming for a B. That way I can still keep my PTK memebership (it's a greek honors society).

I hope you have a blessed day and God shines down on you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels