TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

The ride down to Tucson was uneventful.  I do feel that I should get a medal for having rode in the back seat for as long as I did.  That was hard for me.  Luckily I had a good book and almost finished it.  I'm currently reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.  It starts off slow but man it really picked up!

Yesterday we hit up the expo when we got here.  It was alright.  Nothing like going to a running expo.  There weren't a whole lot of deals going on.  I did get three pairs of PI socks for $15, some t-shirts, an even jersey, and a pair of sunglasses since I left mine at home.  :(

This morning we woke up and had a nice breakfast here at the hotel.  After we finished that up, we went for a late morning ride.  We did about 16-17 miles.  Just enough to work out the cobwebs.  It was really nice.  Started to get hot near the end but what more can you expect when the temps are supposed to top out at 80-something?

Now we're back at the hotel room taking showers and then we are heading out to In and Out burger for some lunch and then some sight seeing.  I'm really hoping to see either the Biosphere 2 or the big wildlife refuge that they have here.  It would also be nice to do some shopping but I doubt that will happen since I'm the only girl here and will easily be outruled on that one.

I'm very impressed with the bike trails here in Tucson.  They are very well maintained with water fountains in the shade every few miles.  They also link up very nicely if you want to go somewhere specific, unlike Albuquerque.

We went to Tri Sports last night as well.  It wasn't as big as I had imagined but I was in LOVE with all the tri stuff that they had.  Within 10 minutes of being in the store I had found about 4 different tri suits that I wanted to buy.  I bought a pair of paddles there.  I'm hoping that will give me some incentive to get back into the pool.  It's been a long time since I've been swimming.  It's probably time to buy a new swimsuit as well.

We also ate a Joe's Crab Shack last night.  I totally heart that place!  I wish Albuquerque had one of those!  Even though I can't eat fish, they have some super awesome shrimp and margaritas in a mason jar that we got to keep the jar.  Yum!

Tucson is very much like Albuquerque in some ways.  They're about the same size.  Tucson has mountains that surround all but the southern half of town.  It's really pretty here.  I also like the palm trees and the seguaro (spelling?) cacti that are everywhere.  The streets are nice and clean and the businesses, for the most part, have really nice landscaping (unlike Albuquerque). 

I haven't seen the really nice part of town yet.  So far the houses look like Albuquerque.  I'm guessing that the nicer part of town, like home, will have more of the adobe style houses.  It's not bad.  I'm not convinced that I would want to live here yet because of the heat but all in all, it looks like a nice place to live, work, and play.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels