TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

I had great intentions for today.  None of them happened except for laundry and dishes.  I feel like such a slug!

I really wanted to go to the gym today but time got away from me, thank you computer.  I don't like it when this happens.  It makes me feel terrible since I didn't use my body in the way it's made to be used.

The Tucson ride is coming up this Saturday.  I'm not too sure what to think of it right now.  I'm the only girl going down right now and I feel like and extra tag-along.  I'm not really sure that I belong.  I really hope I enjoy my time there.  I just feel very ackward.

I'm looking forward to going to Tucson becasue I have never been there.  It's also been quite a while since I've gone out of town so it's time.  I'm just dying to go somewhere other than here.  I'm just diappointed.

I'm bummed that I'm missing TKD all next week.  If I'm not careful, I may start to go postal without getting my stress release.  I've been looking for a school to try and see if I can take a class there.  I've found one that says they are ITF.  I'm thinking of contacting them and seeing if they would let me come.  At least that way I will be able to work out my frustrations.  Lord knows I have a lot of them right now.

I'm thinking I need to start looking for a tri to do to give myself some motivation to get out and train on days that there is no TKD.  I keep talking to myself about going to swim because it's another sport I really enjoy but for some reason I've just not made it.  I really want to go.  I think when I get back from Tucson, I'm going to make myself go that Monday.  For recovery, you know.  :)

This past week was the worst week I have had at work so far.  All three days were full of stress for me. The first two days was becasue of social issues surrounding a kid I was taking care of and the second day just started off terrible. 

Our computer system went out.  It wasn't just our hospital, it was nationwide.  I have never paper charted like this before and it just totally threw me for a loop.  I depend so much on computers.  I felt like I should be a character in the book Who Moved My Cheese.  My routine was just all thrown off.  I didn't know what meds I had due when.  Everything was late and I was just behind the 8 ball all day.

We have to change out clear fluids on days and I typically do this in the afternoon.  I kept looking for my fluids and they never came.  I finally caught a pharmacy tech and asked him if he had my fluids.  He said he didn't.  My fluids finally showed up right at shift change.

I didn't like that because it puts more work on night shift.  It's a task assigned to me and it didn't get done.  I don't like leaving things undone.  What could I do though?

I think it will help when I go back to school in January to kill my sluggishness.  I have so much free time right now that I don't know what to do with it.  I have had a hard time getting into a routine.  I know some people wish that they had this problem.  I'm not one of them.  I like to do things but in order to do things, I have to have a reason to be somewhere and do something.  I need to be around people.  It just helps when I can interact with them.  Even if I'm not talking to someone, just being in a group is nice.

I'm a happy person when I have a full schedule.  Right now I have work 3 days a week (12 hr days) so there goes those days, M and W is TKD (if I am off work those days), and when I am off on Saturdays I can either go bike with a group or go run with a group.  Oh yeah, I have bible study on Tuesday mornings, again when I am off work.

I would just love to have a steady schedule of some sort.  I'm getting there.  It looks like in January my work schedule is going to become more consistent so that will help a lot with getting a set routine going.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels