TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

Better late than never.

Thankful.

I am thankful for this whole year.  The ups, the downs.  The good.  The bad. The ugly. The painful.

Most of all I'm thankful for the healthy body that I have worked so hard for.  There is nothing better than having the freedom to move freely and pain free.  My body has been through the ringer so far this year with a broken bone and two (yes two!) sprained ankles (at the same time to boot!  luckily not severe!).  It has endured many hits and healed from many bruises.  Here's to many more to come!  But we can leave out the breaks and sprains please.

I'm thankful for my legs.  My legs have carried me though a lot this year.  They have run, kicked, cycled, and pushed me through so much.

I'm thankful for flexibility.  If it weren't for flexibility I would be able to move like I do.  I also have to thank strength here as well since they both go together.  If I didn't have the strength and flexibility I've worked so hard for I wouldn't be able to kick and move like I do.

I'm thankful for the job that found me so quickly after graduation this year and all the hard working dedicated people I've gotten the privelage to know through this.

I'm thankful that I'm aware that my job is my job and does not define me as a person.  I'm still me and haven't lost that to anything.

I'm thankful for all the people in my life, new friends and old.  Of course I'm thankful for my husband for many many reasons.

I'm thankful that I've been able to stay strong through the changes that have happened this year.  The Lord knows it hasn't been easy.  He's heard ALL about it, many many times!!!!!

On that note, I'm thankful for my relationship with God.  If it weren't for Him, I would have crumbled long long ago.

I'm thankful for my bike, aka Speedy.  It's pretty awesome.

I'm thankful to have a decent solid roof over my head so I can sleep well at night and not have to worry.  We've worked very hard these past few years while I was in school to keep it.

This list could go on and on but I hope you get the jist of it.  There are so many things in life to be thankful for that I couldn't possibly list them all here. So to sum things all up, I'm thankful to be alive and able to live the life that I live surrounded by the people that I know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels