TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

I think for the first time ever I kept an accurate record of the food that I ate and it came out to 1585 and I'M NOT HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know my meals aren't perfect but I'm so happy that I was able to eat like that and not be hungry. I was convinced when I loaded it all in that I would easily be over 2000 calories!!!

That was yesterday. Today with my planned dinner I am at 1768 so a bit high but then again, I gave in to the sour cream that I had in the fridge so I had the oh-so-nutritious lunch of sour cream (low fat) and multi grain tostitos. OOPS!!

This is definately a weigh loss in progress.

I did weigh myself the other day and am down to 173. I have a feeling that I got up to 173 after my "halloween candy/food binge" over the weekend. My official weigh in day is going to be Monday so that will be the true measure of where I am.

It's kind of nice to know that I have a date with my scale on Monday. It's really going to make me rethink my choices on Sunday. Sunday's are historically my worst eating days because that is the day I go to church and have study group. I try to bring healthy food to study group but sometimes I give in to temptation and then feel guilty about it. This week the plan is to go to the store and buy some strawberries and grapes so I can snack on those instead of junk. I don't feel guilty when I eat fresh fruit like that.

OK, so I have only one gripe for the week and that is the husband (sorry hun!). I come home one night and he has bought a thing of 7 layer dip and two bags of those Totino's Pizza rolls. I feel like he's secretly trying to sabatoge me and it irks me to no end!

Exercise has been tough lately with my foot and all. I was able to water run on Monday night for 25 minutes and I finished the rest of my workout in the pool off with swimming laps. All in all I exercised for 1 hour 10 minutes which is about right. I aim for 1 hour during the week (three days a week) and then 2 hours on Saturday and 2-3 hours on Sunday. That was the pre-injury training schedule which included running (the majority of my time), lifting weights (can't wait to get back to this, I'm hoping next week!), swimming (about an hour), and biking.

So far this week I've just done the one workout because my foot has been swollen still and painful. It's not worth it to push it so I'm going to go swim some gentle laps tomorrow and bring my water wieghts so I can get some muscle toning exercise in and the go swim on Friday.

Saturday is still up in the air. I'm thinking of going to the pool Saturday morning but we'll see how things work out.

I have to play it all by ear right now and let my injury guide my duration and frequency of exercise.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels