TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

Today was the day. The day to weigh in. I missed it on Monday so I made up for it today.

Here are the stats

Week one
Weight: 175
Waist: 33"
Hips: 40"

Week two (today)
Weight: 174
Waist: 32.75
Hips: 39.5

All of that in one week! Plus my diet wasn't quite where it needed to be the past few days. I didn't blow the whole days completely but I did make some not so good choices but I would make up for it with healthy choices.

I struggle everyday to keep my balance and every day that I keep striving for that balance, it gets easier and easier.

Making change in life is tough. I had to actually convince myself that I wanted to do this. I knew that I NEEDED to because I really want to be in great shape. I knew I wanted it but the problem was wanting the changes that were going to have to be made. I've done a lot of reading and arguing with myself (the arguments were interesting to say the least) and finally things are sinking in and my motivation is there.

I would say it's still a lukewarm motivation though becasue I find it quite easy to go for those not so healthy foods. What I like to do to keep up my motivation is to look at my Oxygen magazines of these women who are lean with good muscle tone. I don't necisarily want to be as lean as they are. Add 5-10 pounds onto their frames and I think that would be a reasonable amount of body fat to maintain and then if I needed to, I could lean up for vacations or whatever comes up that I want to look extra hot for. :-)

I think my challenge this week is going to be to stay on track with the healthy foods and not overeating.

We went grocery shopping last night and we got a lot of good healthy food. The only junk food I bought are these mint truffle hersey's kisses. I bought these becasue I don't want to totally depreive and I know I can eat two or three of these and not blow it while taking the edge off.

It's little things like that that I have to rediscover to keep myself going.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels