TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

Yep. Injured and it sucks. The good part is that it gives me more time to study, sit around thinking about running and cycling (can swim all I want), and lose weight.

That's why I'm writing this today. I figure if I get it all out there then maybe it will help me be accountable for my actions meaning, holding myself accountable for what I'm going to be putting into my mouth.

I started up my sparkpeople.com page again and put in measurements. Here they are

Weight: 175 (this is after two halloween parties and too much candy...was 173 before)
Waist: 33in
Hips: 40in
Thigh: 24.5in
Upper arm: 14.25in

I don't really have a size goal right now. Ideally I'd like to get down to a 6 but shorter term I'm thinking 8 or 10. I'm a 12 right now.

The main goal is to lose 10 pounds in the next two months which means 5 pounds a month or an average of 1.25 pounds per week which seems very reasonable to me.

The trick is going to be Thanksgiving and Christmas on top of being in nursing school (think: added stress) and being injured.

Because of that, I'm really going to have to concentrate on what I eat.

I'm in some sick way, looking forward to this. I've lost weight before. Used to weigh in at a heafty 235 at my highest and have kept the weight off for about 7 years now. I know I can do it.

Since it's the begining of November, I figured that now would be a good time to start.

I'm running into challenges already. Last night the husband and I went out to eat and I didn't really want to but it was nice to get out of the house. I'd been studying all afternoon and evening. The challenge is that it was hard for me to find a place that was healthy to eat at so we went to Wendy's. I ordered a grilled chicken (no lettuce. yuck!) and a chili with a caffiene free diet coke. I probably could have done better on the chicken and told them to hold the sauce but all in all I'm fairly happy with the decisions I've made.

Today I'm going gorcery shopping and I'm going to stock up on chicken and healthy easy stuff to make. The biggest hurdle for me is eating a healthy breakfast. I'm afraid it's going to come down to having to set the alarm clock earlier so I can get up and cook. If I have to I will though. It will be worth it in the end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels