TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

So today is a new day right? I sure hope so because if it isn't, I'm screwed!

Thanksgiving was good. I'm feeling 100% better now. I really wonder if all my yucky-ness came from overeating. I didn't intend to overeat. I even served my dinner on a smaller salad plate while everyone else used the bigger plates. I got some wierd looks but I don't really care.

I filled my plate with a serving of meat, a good heaping serving spoon full of sweet potato banana stuff, a small spoonful of homemade cranberry sauce, a small serving of mashed potatoes and a very very small serving of stuffing. No gravy! The sweet potato banana stuff was so good that I had another smaller spoonful of that on round two. After dinner we played games and I ate a lot of fudge. My friend made fudge and I couldn't resist, taking two small pieces at one time. Must have eaten like 10 pieces of the stuff! Then we had pumpkin pie. I had one piece, told the husband to give me a small one and he gave me a normal sized one and of course I ate it all which is why I asked for the smaller sized piece in the first place. Then I topped it all off with two glasses of red wine (pinot noir).

After that, I spent the next 24 hours in misery. Nothing settled right and I was always afraid I was going to throw it all back up again. I was convinced that by the time I woke up the next morning, the previous night's dinner was already gone from all the trips I had to make to the bathroom. It was plain miserable.

At least it's done and out of the way. Eating on Christmas has never been a big focus for me so I'm not as worried about overeating then as I was for Thanksgiving.

I have to admit though, I've gotten better about my choices such as not taking the gravy and getting small portions of stuffing.

I also did something a little different this year. I always make my potatoes butter and margarine free and use light sour cream and milk instead. This year I used a small amount of light sour cream, finished it off with light yogurt and a splash of milk. I couldn't tell the difference! They came out so good that I'm going to start doing this more often!

So today is a new day. I'm feeling better and will be able to get back on track.

Today is also the start of the 5% winter weight loss challenge. It goes from today until February and the point is to lose 5% of your weight in that time.

This comes out to a little more than 8 pounds for me. Seems very reasonable.

Wish me luck! I'm gonna need it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels