TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

It's nice to know that I have control over two things today. My nutrition and my fitness. Do I eat well and exercise or do I sloth? Hmmmmmmmm........

Today I took two "practice" tests that are supposed to predict how well a person will do on the NCLEX exam. I've taken two previous tests in med-surg and totally rocked them, ranking in the 93-97th percentile.

Not so much anymore. Today the two tests I took were psych and maternal/baby nursing. My two weakest subjects.

It totally showed on my test results too. I totally bombed them. Not just a little bomb but I'm talking atomic size bombed them!!!! I didn't even meet the standard on them and I'm totally bummed about it!

I know I've been slacking but I'm still doing well, close to the top of my class, but this was all foreign to me today!

I'm sure the migraine doesn't help at all. It started last night and has gotten worse through today. I did take some Tylenol before the test but it wasn't enough. When I get these I can't concentrate on anything for the life of me. Grrrrrrrrr....

So I will regain control by going for a walk without the boot! Yay!!!!!! And I will keep my nutrition in check.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels