TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

Well hopefully I'm over my platau/hump of weight loss. Week one of the challenge, I lost 0.6 of a pound, then gained it back in week two, now in week three I'm down 2.2 pounds to be 171.0. Woot!

I sure hope I can keep this up. I've been getting tighter and tighter on my diet. It's been a series of small changes along the way and after seeing my weight loss this week, it gives me even more desire to stick with it and reach my goal.

My very short term goal is to break 170 and my medium term goal is 160 and then I reevaluate from there.

I did some Christmas shopping yesterday. Not quite done but got most of it out of the way. I'm hoping to finish today before I go to a party tonight with some friends from school.

This is going to be the tough one. When we hang out there is always a bunch of unhealthy food available. I'm thinking I may make a salad to bring just so there is something good to eat that won't totally ruin the progress I've made so far. That is if I have the time to stop by the store to pick up the stuff I need. I may be shopped out again.

Last night I finished shopping right when rush hour hit and I just didn't feel like dealing with it so I dropped in to the local book store (Hastings) and looked at books and sat and drank a tea while I read for about 45 minutes or so. It was nice.

I bought a book called Stitch and Bitch Nation. It's a knitting book. I just picked up knitting not too long ago and am hoping this book inspires me to stick with it. I think it would be really cool to make some of my own stuff to wear. Especially if it looks cute.

There are some really neat things to make in the book. I'm going to start simple with a cool pattern for a scarf, some cat toys, and the work up to a doggie sweater for a friend (I don't have a dog yet) and then on to these reall awesome leg warmer type things and fingerless gloves.

But before I do all of this, I need to finish the scarf I started. I'm just about there. I'm a slow knitter. I was hoping to have it done by Christmas but we'll see. It takes me a while but I'm about halfway through this ball of yarn and I may do one more depending on the length of it. We'll see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels