TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

Today is my final day of school. I have to drive downtown and take a few tests and then I'm done and I'll register for my classes next semester.

I'm so glad this semester is over. Although this wasn't the hardest semester academically, it was frustrating organizational wise.

The first half actually was great but it was the second half that was a nightmare! The secion director person had so much going on and her lectures were so all over the place it was rediculous! We wouldn't find out about things until the very last minute which makes it really hard to plan your time well.

So that's that.

After I finish my tests, I'm going to go to the gym and lift some weights and walk on the treadmill.

I'd walk outside today but it's so windy I'm dreading it, plus I need to get into the gym to lift. I didn't lift at all last week, I just walked outside. Last week was rough and I take a week off of weight lifting every 4-6 weeks and I was due anyway so it worked out in the end.

Today I'm going to resume my regular wight lifting schedule of twice a week doing a push/pull split. Push muscles on one day, pull muscles on another. I can get back to doing lower body work now that I'm out of the cast.

Had an eff it meal for dinner. Was just so incredibly hungry so I ate a lot of pizza. It was OK. I feel alright today. Gotta keep it in check though. I like to save at least one eff it meal for Saturday morning when we go out to breakfast after we all meet to run. It's a tradition that I've had for years and don't want to break. I do still try to keep it as healthy as possible by ordering eggwhites dry instead of scrambled eggs, and I only eat half of what I order and save the other half for lunch (this happens if we go to Weck's where the portions are enough for 2-3 people in one plate!)

I'd be really happy if I lost a pound this week. Still waiting to get out of the 170's. I'm so close!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels