TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

I'm so aggravated right now! It seems like I keep losing and then gaining the same half pound.

What really confuses me though is that I'm losing inches. So far, since the begining of november, I've lost an inch off my waist, upper arms, and thighs so that's a good thing.

I'm thinking this weeks weigh-in is due to one of two things and I'm leaning heavily on the first.

1.) I ate a very not so good for you meal last night that was pretty high in sodium and of course I eat it right before bed without drinking a whole lot of water so I'm wondering if I'm retaining some water.

Solution: Going to reweigh myself tomorrow morning to see if that's the case. If there's a difference of at least a half pound, then I'll know.

2.) And I like this option as well. I've recently upped the pounds on my weights that I'm lifing and I'm gainig muscle and since muscle is more dense than fat, that would explain why I'm losing inches and not weight.

We'll see. Tomorrow will tell which theory is really at work here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels