TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

As I was walking around the mall today, finishing up my Christmas shopping, I can't help wonder and it sounded something like this:

Self: What happened to the true Christmas spirit? I'm blown away by how rude people are here!

Self 1: Yes it's a shame.

Enough said. Ugh!

I am just truly blown away by the way people act around this time of year! I had "incidents" with at least two strollers today, none of whom said excuse me or I'm sorry!

It's amazing how those two phrases can really make a difference and how little people use them!

People are all about memememememememe and it absolutely kills me! Have a little courtesy will you? I promise you that I'm not out to steal your end-all-be-all present for your loved one. I'm just here trying to get this done so I can enjoy the rest of my season.

Don't get me wrong, I really do like Christmas. A lot. I just wish that people would remember what the season really is all about.

While we are all out there shopping for our presents, there are people who can't afford to do that. And what about the people who have trouble affording their food or their life-saving medication?

Why can't we, for just one day, drop our mememememememe status and think about someone else? Someone less fortunate that we could help!

It's such a simple thing to do!

Donate a dollar here and a dollar there. Go volunteer somewhere that could really use the help. Or better yet, go volunteer where you can make a difference in someone's life by serving them a dinner, or handing out a much needed box of necessities such as food and clothing. Go to a nursing home and hand out little dollar presents to the residents living there. To them it's not the present that matters, it's the fact that you took time out of your schedule to see them that matters.

The smiles and thanks you get back from doing things like that is absolutely priceless and THAT IS WHAT THE SEASON REALLY IS ABOUT!

I challenge you that for one day you stop giving out your money to retail stores and isntead, give out your heart. The rewards are much to be had!

Merry Christmas everyone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels