TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

I'm pretty excited!  I had my weekly weigh in yesterday with WW.  I was surprised at how nervous I was about going!  I'm used to weighing myself 2-3 times a week but when the weigh-in counts, it felt different.  It shouldn't have.  But it did.

It was really awesome to see the face of the person who weighed me in.  She smiled at me real big and was very happy and proud.  I had lost 3.6 pounds in one week!

I knew I had lost because of tracking my weight at home.  I wasn't expecting it to be that much though.  I was expecting around 2 pounds so needless to say I was super super happy.

I need to take some before and after pics.  I plan on doing that today.

The thing  need to be careful of now is to not expect this every week.  Weeks like this, in real life, are the exception, not the rule.

I would be thrilled with a 1.5 or 2 pound loss next week.  That would give my my 5 pound sticker in two weeks.  If that's realistic or not, we shall see.

That's the other key to success in weight loss.  One needs to realize that there will be ups and downs and we have to take the highs with the lows.

I made a goal this week of having fresh fruit with my breakfast.  So far I haven't done that.  I am planning on having an apple with peanut butter for my snack today.  Our group leader challenged us this week to make 10 meals of just power foods.  I'd like to do that as well.  I know two goals can be quite lofty.  I'm going to try my best.  If I don't reach one, then it will be my one and only goal for next week.

Last week I used all of my activity points (I have it set up to use those first) and had 35 "bonus" points left over.  I hope to do the same thing this week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels