TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

Had a really awesome tae kwon do class tonight!  I wish I could have sparred.  Should find out late this week if I will be able to or if I'm going to have to take a break from contact for a while.

We did some drills using pads tonight and I paired up with one of the black belts.  She really pushed me and I liked it!  I feel successful in what I did and attempted.  I've been struggling lately trying to get people to come at me faster so that I can have a challenge and improve.  I've been feeling frustrated in that aspect for about a month now. 

Tonight the black belt I worked with came at me at a nice good challenging pace and I loved it!  Working with her is exactly what I have been looking for!  Was I perfect?  Heck no!  No matter what rank you are in TKD, there is always room for improvement.

Did my skill grow?  Definately!!!  That is what I strive for!  Every class I push myself to become faster and better than I was in the last class. 

What people need to realize is that improvement doesn't happen overnight like we would like it to.  We have to work at it.  If I learn something new in one class and attempt to use that skill or do my best to improve my form on an existing skill, that is advancement to me.  I know that if I stick with it, I will eventually reach my goal of improved form or landing that kick that I've been working on forever.

I remember when I was a white belt a year ago and couldn't land a back kick when someone was walking toward me to save my life (I could hardly land one standing still)!  Tonight I totally nailed it!  I need to work on getting faster.....having the person holding the pad run at me.  Like I stated above, it's an improvement on an existing skill I'm going to work on.  Hopefully in a year I will be able to look back to this day and see the improvement I've made through dedication.

Tomorrow is weigh in #4 at Weight Watchers.  I've been slacking this week in weighing myself.  I don't have any excuse as to why, I just haven't been.  I'm a little nervous becuase I'm not too sure what to expect when I step on the scale tomorrow.

A little part of me is expecting either no change or a small, less than a pound, change just because of where I am at in my cycle.  I've been feeling a little water logged these past few days........go figure.......I've been craving salt.

We shall see.

Night all!  Be safe if you are getting snow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels