TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

I can't believe I've been at Weight Watchers for only 3 weeks and have already lost 6.2 pounds!  This really works!

Those of you who know me well know that I once let myself get up to around 235 pounds and have lost a lot of that on my own.  It took me about 2 years to lose it all.  I wonder what I would have done if I had taken on Weight Watchers back then!  Before it took me about 2-3 months to lose 6 pounds.

I also tried using Sparkpeople last winter.  I had success.  I lost the same amount of weight that I have with Weight Watchers but it took me 8-9 weeks.

There is something to be said for finding a group to hold you accountable.  The rewards are also very nice to get as well.  I've been looking forward to getting my 5 pound sticker since I joined and I got it today (along with a bravo sticker)!!  The support is so amazing and I really like the group leader.  She's so motivating even though she's about 40 years older than I am (this is not an exaggeration).

I know I am over the average 1-2 pounds a week right now but I have a feeling it's going to slow down soon. 

Week one  -3.6
Week two -0.4
Week three -2.2! 

Woot!

Maybe that is the pattern my body will follow.

Either way I am super happy with the results I've been seeing.  I will take my weekly measurements tomorrow morning since I've already filled my stomach with my yummy dinner tonight.

This week I had two yummy splurges.  One was a frozen pizza I made and ate however much of it I pleased.  The second meal was at Sadie's.  If you live in the Albuquerque area, you know how dangerous Sadie's can be.  It's so yummy and they serve my favorite New Mexican food.

I tried at first to resist the chips n salsa but was too hungry and I gave in knowing I was having a splurge anyway.  We did so good though in that we did not get a second basket of chips when they came around to ask us.  Yay us!!  Instead of ordering my typical chicken tacos (I usually order two tacos, one to eat there and one to take home for leftovers), I changed it up and ordered a chicken burrito instead.  I still got double papas with red chile that of course came with cheese.  I decided since I really wanted this splurge, I was going to eat as many of the papas as I wanted until my heart and taste buds were content.  I made this decision since I didn't get a whole plate full like I would have with the tacos.  There was about one cup worth of papas on the plate.  Perfect portion to satisfy!

The burritos are pretty big that they serve so I menally broke it up into thirds and decided I was going to eat one third of it and then stop.  Before I asked for a box to go, I asked Scott if he would eat the leftovers.  He was a little shocked that I asked him because usually if he eats my leftovers before I get a chance to get at them, I'm not happy.  This time I was happily offering them to him.  He seemed hesitant at first, probably a lesson learned from before.  :)  Once he was sure I was 100% for real about it, he was on board and agreed if the burrito came home, he would eat it so I wouldn't be tempted.

That's what I got my Bravo! sticker for!  :)

Work is still going well.  I had to take a class today on sprituality.  As if I weren't already bombarded by this through school, orientation, and continuum!  It was so boring!  Luckily we got out an hour early so I didn't have to deal with rush hour traffic.

The lady who taught this class was such and idiot though!  She asked who the person was that works NBICU and I said it was me.  She then proceeds to ask me if I know any cultural rituals around birth!  I gave her the, trying not to be sarcastic answer aka biting my tounge....hard!, that we don't have anything to do with the birth of the babies, that is L&D (I had to point that one out to her since she she seemed to think I do L&D in NICU...eye roll), we just deal with the babies after they are born.

The person teaching the class is a seasoned RN.  Wow is all I can say.

Tae kwon do is going well.  Had a super awesome workout last night.  I wish I could have sparred but I wasn't able to so I worked the bag using techniques we did in class earlier and I also practiced my test kicks and combinations that I like to use to see if I can add on to them for future use.

My speed has been increasing.  I was surprised at how much faster my slide in turn kicks have gotten!  I was so surprised that I had to do them several times in a row on each leg just to make sure it wasn't a fluke or something!

Have I mentioned how much I love TKD??????  :)  Even after almost a year, I'm loving it.  Probably even more than when I started!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels