TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

Watch out Albuquerque Fit folks!  Terie's back (but not as a coach)!!!  Hahahahahaha!

It felt good to be out with the group again.  I've sure missed all these people!  I needed the break but I'm so ready to do this again.

Right now I have no race plans.  I'm just running to run so there is no pressure either way to run more, harder, faster.  I'm going to run what I run and that's how it goes.

I ran with the half marathon people today.  I did 3 miles.  That was enough.  Any more and I think I would have been too tired.  Can you believe that?  Tired after only 3 miles?!?!?!?!?!  How crazy is that?!?!?!?!  Needless to say, I have to build my base back up before I think of doing anything big.  Right now the only thing on the radar is Boulder Boulder over Memorial Day weekend.  Even if I end up walking that, I'm perfectly OK with that.  I'm just excited to be back.

I'm oficially signed up for the 10k program but they start at 2 miles so the plan right now is to follow the beginner HM program until they get to 6 miles wich will be in about a month and then I will evaluate from there how I feel and how things are going and make a decision on if I will continue with the half program or modify it to keep me in shape for a 10k.

The reason I'm not trying to push it is because running is for fun and to enjoy.  Plus tae kwon do is still my primary sport.  I LOVE it and if I let running take over, there will be no time for TKD which would be tragic.

Off to church I head now.  I'm singing in the choir for the first time in about 6 months or so.  This is going to be fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels