TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

I hope I'm not just getting myself all riled up but I survived the first day. I'm not too sure what to expect. I don't do change too well but I'm glad for the hours that I have anyway. They will work out good. I should find out within the next two or three weeks what my clinical hours will be. I really hope I get days because nights/evenings doesn't finish up until almost 10pm!!!!! That's nuts! I can't do that!

We started off with a lecture today and it was conflict and change. Basically just another way of saying "communication". The lady who lectured was so boring it took all I had to stay awake! At least she cut it short and let us out early.

We are in "the cave". That makes it hard too because it's a small-ish room that is generally dark and today it was very very stuffy. I hope it gets better, the stuffiness that is, otherwise I'm going to go nuts. It's very easy to take a nap in that room. I just has this "come and sleep now" ambiance.

We'll see how it works out.

I'll just keep praying to God to give me the strength to make it through. I know I can trust in Him to get me through this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels