TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

So I did the 44 mile bike ride on Monday. It went 100% better than I expected. I was sore on Tuesday so I rested and then on Wednesday I ran in the morning an easy hilly 3 miler and did a form swim in the afternoon along with weights. Thursday I did my first brick workout (10 mile ride/2 mile run). That was interesting. My legs felt like jello for the first mile of the run. I'm sure it will get easier but the transition from the bike to the run is a lot harder than I thought it was. I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm on a mountain bike either. :)

I did a super easy mtn trail run today of 3 miles. Went a lot better than expected as well. I'm really tired but I had a good week.

Tonight I sing at church. I'm looking forward to it. I'm sad won't be able to make it in June because of a race but it's OK. I'm allowed to miss when I have to. This is the on season anyway.

Went to breakfast after the run and hung out with friends. It was fun. I drank full strength coffee and now I'm wired. I'm wondering how long it's going to last. I think I have maybe an hour or so left and then I'll crash.

The weight loss is going good. I'm down about 5-6 pounds or so and I'm starting to feel it in my clothes which is super cool.

School is going OK. It's very busy but so far with the training and stuff I've been able to keep up with the reading and then studying. Our first test is on Tuesday and I'm a little anxious about it. Mainly because I don't know the kind of questions these teachers are going to throw out at us. Tomorrow I'm getting a small group together to study for the test. I really hope it helps.

Next Saturday I'm going to miss Albuquerque Fit because of the century ride. A friend and I are going to do the 50 mile ride. In a sick way I'm looking forward to it but it's not the actual ride I'm looking forward to right now, it's the food. I hear that when they support a bike ride, they SUPPORT a bike ride (not like a run where you rarely get food on the course). I think running people should take note of this, especially for marathons. Food = good! Yes!!!!!

I got a little massage today. My shoulders were a little sore from my long swim yesterday and now I'm feeling more relaxed. I heart massages. They're good. I'm planning on getting one before I do my next tri on August 1 and I'll probably get another one before I go to Denver since I'm looking to PR. I just hope it works out.

Life is good and all I can do is praise God for it! He is my rock that keeps me going (along with the hubby of course!!!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels