TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

Just finished up with the study group. We worked really well together and really got a lot done while having fun. We plan on keeping going.

So this past week was kind of rough for me when it comes to diet. I really gotta get more strict about this. I'm determined to lose this weight! I weighed myself today and I was up about 2 pounds from the last time I weighed myself which was about a week ago.

I got to face the pot luck for the first time since starting all of this, on Friday. I did decent, better than I would have in the past, but I still ate too much. I'm wondering if I'm still paying for that.

I had a few slip ups last week as well but I'm more back on track now. I did really good yesterday and today was OK. We brought snacks for the study group. I think next time I'm going to buy fruit for myself because we had heavier stuff so I'm feeling a bit "heavy" right now.

I'm getting to know how my body feels when I eat good verses when I eat bad. When I eat good everything feels good and I do better when I exercise (run, bike, swim) when I eat junk, I get junk back out and I feel like junk.

I'm really trying hard to stick with this. I'm still at a net loss but I'd like it to be a little more than it is. I'd really like to have a net loss of 5 pounds right now. That would be good.

Now watch, I'll go weigh myself tomorrow or on Tuesday and I'll be down (I hope!)

I have my first test for level II on Tuesday. I'm going to take it Tuesday morning to get it done and over with then Tuesday night I'll do what I call my pseudo speed workout. I'm going to go early to Fleet Feet and do my speed work around a really nice park and then I'm going to get some new shoes and a bra because I need them and it's double points night which this purchase will give me a $25 gift certificate! Yay!! I may use it that night to buy a shirt I've had my eyes on. Not sure yet but we'll see.

I sang in church this weekend. It was fun as always. There's nothing quite like singing love songs to the Lord. He's my everything!

I almost didn't go because I forgot about it with starting school and all but then I told myself that I had to go. It always feels so good to get up and sing songs to the Lord and I feel so much better after letting it all out. It was also nice to reconnect with my choir family and talk to them about our auditions and what is happening in life in general. I really love those guys! A lot!

As always, God is good!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels