TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

OK, what is happening here? I went for a run this morning. It was supposed to be a super easy 2 mile run out and back from my pad. Yeah, not so much. I felt like I struggled the whole time. I didn't feel super tired or anything. It's just wierd. I feel like I'm back at square one and I'm glad I still have a week and a half or so before I start my training schedule. What gives?!?!?!?!!?!!

This just bothers me how hard this run felt today. Now, about two and a half hours after I finished I feel fine. It's been over a week since my tri so I don't think I can blame it on recovery anymore. That excuse is gone.

I'm so stumped and I feel like the wind has been taken out of my sails. Tonight I am going to go for an easy swim. I need to destress after this run. That and I have a brand spanking new swim suit hanging up in my bathroom that I haven't worn yet. It was my reward for finishing my first tri and doing fairly well.

School is OK so far. I went into yesterday completely prepped for the wrong lecture though so now I'm even more behind in my reading than I planned but it's OK. I'm reading in little spurts here and there to get caught up. I'm expecting to be fully caught up by Thursday night. No worries. Then I can start working on the next lecture.

I felt like such a dum-dum when I showed up though. Luckily the lecture we had yesterday was given to us (the notes) so I wasn't lacking in that part at least. I did read that lecture when I got home and it was so boring! How many different ways are they going to push communication on us?!?!?!?!?!!? OY!

Oh well ,off to school for another full day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels