TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

I looked at my schedule from this past week and realized that I exercised 6/7 days. The 7th day was when I was at work which does count in some way as exercise since I'm on my feet a lot and doing frequent moderate lifting/pushing/pulling/turning, etc.

So today was a rest day. I slept in until about 0900 which was perfect. The cats actually woke me up this morning which is OK. I love those guys! :-)

So on my "rest" day I cleaned the house. Don't get me wrong, I lounged around in the morning but after that I got tired of just sitting there and got off my butt and cleaned.

I dusted and waxed the dining room table and all 8 chairs. I try to do this (the waxing) about 3 times a year. I also rotated the chairs out to hopefully give them even wear. Oh yeah, before I did that I went on a throwing away spree where I threw away things that I didn't want or need. That always feels good.

After I finished with the table and chairs I cleaned out half the room and vacuumed. Then I put the chairs back, moved the other chairs and random things and vacuumed the other half of the room. Of course I put it all back together and now it looks so nice! I hope it stays this way for a while.

During this time I also had a load of dishes going.

Then I vacuumed the rest of the house and cleaned up the cat box and vacuumed really well around it to get all the excess litter out of the carpet. I know this won't stay this way for long because cats are messy but it always feels good to get it done.

Now I'm resting again.

I have the chicken marinating tonight for dinner and threw some extra in for my lunch tomorrow at work. I also got my protien powder ready for work as well.

Friday was date night so we went to dinner and a movie. While we were waiting for the movie to start we walked around the mall and went into Vitamin World. I've never been in this store but I'm hooked now! The prices on supplements are so much better than GNC and from the reviews I've seen, they are just as good of quality.

I bought this thing called a blender bottle and I LOVE IT!! It's a 20 ounce bottle that has this metal thing in it that represents the springy part of a whisk. You put your stuff in the bottle (for me it's two scoops of protien powder and water) shake and VIOLA! it's all mixed perfectly!!

I had a few not so good meals over the past few days. More than I should have had so I was worried when I stepped on the scale this morning but all was good. With everything I ate, there was only a 0.5 pound difference which in the grand scheme of things, is minimal so I'm very happy about that.

I go back to school on Tuesday so we'll see how this week works out. I'm going in with high hopes. :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels