TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

What exactly can I do you ask?

Yes!

That's the simple answer.

School is going great so far this semester. You have to realize that it's only been one week though. The material is so much more interesting than last semester and I feel like I'm not being treated like a baby with my hand being held. We're finally being treated like we should be! YEAH!

I can also do the planned 40-44 mile bike ride tomorrow. I'm nervous about this because I've never gone this far before but this is going to be the ride that will determine if I do the 50 mile ride in the Albuquerque Centruy. I hope it all goes well. I'll let you know tomorrow.

I can lose weight! Another huge YEAH! As I was leaving work today, a guy I work with asked me if I had lost weight and I was over the top thrilled! I've lost somewhere about 5 pounds or so and I've been doing it the right way by eating fairly good but at the same time I let myself cheat. I think I let myself cheat a bit much last week but that's all part of the process and I'm new (again) at this so I have to expect some setbacks until this all becomes my normal routine.

And the last part. I can sing. I know I can and I know I can sing at church. I'm determined to do this and I know that if I keep at it I will. I enjoy singing so much. I'm also so thankful for the feedback that I got from my audition. From everything they said it really sounds like my nerves just got the best of me and made me freeze. I'm sure I looked terrified up there! Now my mission is to go out and sing where I can. Probably lots of kareoke because that will be in public with a mic and all that good stuff. Then I'll audition again. I really don't know if I'll audition in July or in October. It all just depends but, I WILL BE BACK and this time I'm going to own my performance and bring my own song to sing on top of what they give us. I just know I can do it with the right amount of work.

That's all.

Good night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels