TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

So I did my first ever injection today! Wohoo!!!! It was pretty exciting! Our whole day today was on med admin and our group ended with this.

I was so nervous! They had us practice a few times before doing it. I ended up going through 3 practice needles becasue I kept bending them! The first one I bent while getting the air bubbles out and the second one was a different syringe and I think I bent the needle when I recapped it. Third time was the charm!

Before we did the injections on each other we had to show our instructor one more time our technique to make sure we had it down and then we went for it!

It wasn't so bad! I was the first in line to recieve and my partner did a really good job. We were all nervous though and it showed! I was trembling but when it came right down to it, the trembles and nerves stopped because I was concentrating so hard.

I did my injection and all went very smoothly! It felt really good to finally do that first one. Hopefully next time I won't be so nervous. I had our instructor double check to make sure all the bubbles were out and that I had the right amount.

Yeah baby!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels