TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

Today is a wierd day. It all started out good and fine. I was a little tired but nothing too terrible. My throat has been scratchy since Sunday after church but no big deal.

Today I sat down to eat my lunch and some food got lodged in my esophagus. This is not fun nor comfortable. I would rather have the flu than this. It's not the first time this has happened but it's the first time in probably a year that it was as bad as it was. It all started about 10am and finally resolved about 2pm.

Because of this I went to talk to my doseage instructor to let her know what was going on and she is going to let me make up the midterm. I feel so stupid but at the same time there is no way I was going to be able to sit through a whole exam without inturrupting the class and not to mention the lack of concentration on my part.

It's just odd because I'm not "sick" like a fever or anything, I just had some food lodged in my throat. I was breathing OK and everything.

I tried for at least an hour before class to dislodge it with no luck.

Now I am just exhausted. The way my body tries to get rid of the food in my esophagus is the same way it tries to empty the stomach and that wears a person out.

My stomach is still spasming a little but I was able to eat some food. I'll try some more in a little while.

I think I'll stick to soft foods for the next few days just to make sure it doesn't happen again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels