TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

Yeah I'm a slug today. I woke up somewhere between 0615 n 0630 and have accomplished only one thing for the day. Doseage homework and that sucked. Otherwise my butt has been plastered to this computer chair. I'm begining to think that the computer is evil. I should be napping now but instead I'm here.

I worked yesterday. Man, was it a long day! Luckily my side wasn't busy with call bells but rather we were acuity busy if that makes sense. In a way I'd rather be busy with call bells becasue anyone can answer them while you are doing your other work but when it's acuity that gets you, all your time and energy goes to that sick person or people. It was people in my case yesterday.

Then on top of not feeling like I was doing my job that well as far as ADL's go, I find out that I'm working with someone who is a clinical instructor at my school! So now I'm totally freaking out because I know people talk. Especially nurses and I'm sure she'll talk about me to other instructors. I just hope it's good but now that I know this, I will be on pins and needles every time I work with her and it's not a good feeling. It's kind of this impending doom feeling that I get because I feel like I have to impress her so that she doesn't talk bad about me to other instructors. I feel like I have to convince her that I really am a good worker and know my stuff.

I just don't know what to do and it's driving me nuts.

So church on Saturday night was just AMAZING!!!!!!!! The message was just what I needed to hear. When the service ended I looked at the husband and told him that this service reminded me of when we first started going to this church 1.5 years ago. This series has really spoken to my heart. It's amazing and it makes me proud to say that I am a part of this church. I want to tell the world about this place! This is my home. That's for sure!

Running is going OK. I'm going to a track workout tonight. The weather looks like it will be good so I'm looking forward to that. Maybe that's what I need, just to get out.

I've never been one that has been able to sit comfortably at home all day. I have to get out and get some fresh air or else I go stir crazy! I remember being at my dad's house when I was little, like 5, 6, 7 years old and feeling this way. He would see it and ask if I had "cabin fever" and I'd tell him yes. He is so good to me. So anyway, he would take me to the park for a few hours and I remember feeling so much better after! They usually say like father like son but in my case it's more along the lines of.........like father like daughter. And I'm A-OK with that!!! :-)

I still don't know when the auditions for church are going to happen but I've been singing every day to make sure I'm ready. I'm hoping I can get with someone who plays guitar and practice with them before I go in for the real thing. I'm so nervous at the thought of doing a feature song but at the same time I have to try. I can't explain exactly why I have to try, I just do. The worst thing that can happen is they say no and I still get to participate in the choir. I may be a little bummed if they say they can't use me (OK a lot bummed) but I still have the choir. Overall I'm just happy to be involved in the ministery and I'm sure I'll go wherever God needs me. I just have to put my faith and trust in Him and know that He will take care of me.

We tried to get ahold of the brother in law on his birthday last week but we couldn't so I went to his myspace page and saw that he's logging in on that. I sent him a message. I hope he replies. It's amazing how the DH and the BIL are polar opposites! The BIL barely graduated high school and is now kind of "wandering" around working when he wants/can (he does landscaping and doesn't work in the winter). I worry about him a lot. I'd hate to see him get into serious trouble. He's that kind of guy that it would come easily for him. He's the closest thing I have to a "real" brother and I love him to death. I'd fight to the end for him if I had to. It would break my heart if anything ever happened to him. I keep praying that one day he will grow up and become a responsible adult holding a steady job and getting his life in order. He's young though and I have to remind myself of what I was like at that age. I'm sure people said the same things about me. It's amazing what growing older does to you and I'm not even 30 yet!!!!!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels