TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

What can I say about this past weekend other than WOW!!!!!!! Yeah God!!

I sang with the choir at church for the first time this weekend and it was amazing! I was so exhausted after the last service today but it was a good exhausted to have. The experience of being up on the stage and seeing the people from a different angle really made an impact on me.

We sang Everyday, Forever, Jesus Paid It All, Sweetly Broken, and the feature song was A New Hallelujah by Michael W Smith. How amazing! By the 5th service we all had it together and it sounded so smooth and sweet.

During our 4th set, the person who sang the feature song sat out to save his voice and he said that we all sounded so good that we made him cry. There is no greater compliment than that!!! He did an amazing job as well. His voice was perfect for this song and his stage presence was just amazing. He really got the crowd involved and going.

We were talking between the 4th and 5th sets and we discovered that we both live in the same neighborhood a block away from each other! I'm so excited about that. I'm really hoping to get to know him better because he is an amazing man.

I also found out that the sister of one of the head music people is in nursing school with me. Saturday night he was asking me if I knew this person and started explaining what she looks like and then today she was asking me the same questions. That's when I found out that her sister is in my class so when I go back on Tuesday I'm going to look for her and say hi.

What a small world we live in! It's amazing how God makes things happen in your life. I came to this church for a reason and joined the choir for a reason. I believe that God gave me this gift of music to bring people to Him.

This weekend I brought......now get this............................12 people with me all because I invited them to come watch me sing!! That's 12 people that came to church that may not have known what we are about! How amazing is that?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!

I know for sure that at least half of them are interested in coming back! Yeah God!!!!!

I was so comfortable being up on the stage that I decided I'm going to audition to be a feature singer. Really I'll take what ever they offer, choir, background, or feature. I'm just truely happy to be involved in any way that I can.

I really believe that I have found my calling!

I also met a woman who is a nurse and works at one of the local hospitals as an OR nurse. That was cool.

I brought my books so I could try to study during the services but I only managed to study during one service. The rest of the time I just gabbed and got to know people.

There was a guy named Moses who was so helpful to me on the first day. If it weren't for him, I would have been totally lost. He was so kind and generous in helping me learn the ropes that I'll be forever grateful.

Then there was Steve. He had one of the most important jobs of all.......he stocked the food cabinet and fridge with food for all of us to eat while we were there. I had no idea that the church fed us while we served! That makes me want to donate more money to the church to support it in any way I can. It also helps me understand where the money is going. If it weren't for donations, there would be no food, and therefore there would have been a lot of crabby singers this weekend.

I was so comfortable being up there. I felt like I was home again. I felt like I belonged there.

I learned a few valuable lessons this weekend. One was that my black high heel boots look super cute but didn't feel so well on the feet when standing in place and shifting my weight back and forth.

Lesson number two was to dress lightly. We had to wear all black but I don't think I'll layer my clothes again. It really does get hot under the lights on stage!

They had to rearrange us for the second set. During the first set I was on the top riser and mostly out of the lights but then they moved me down to the first riser and I was right in the beam. Whew!!!!

Lesson number three is to bring a brush and some extra deodorant with me. I sweat so bad today my armpits were soaked!! I'm so glad we were wearing black so it didn't really show.

The next time we sing it will be the end of March and I'm so excited for it!!!!!!!

I'm looking forward to getting to know the people in this ministry. It's nice because we all have this same passion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels