TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

Week 5 is done. In the bag. Completed. Over. Whew!

This week was really busy for me. Mostly because of school and then I decided to get sick in the middle of it. Luckily everything worked out. The only downside is that I had to sacrifice my running to get all my school work completed. Next week I am hoping to run 4 days. This week I'm only going to get 3 days in and about 15 miles total. Not a whole lot.

So we did our presentations on Thursday. Our group was assigned the school aged child. It was so much fun. We did our presentation based on the game show Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader. My responsibility was the power point. It wasn't hard but just time consuming. I also read the commercials. We did two of those and they turned out so cute! Our group worked pretty well together. I hope they don't split us up. We all get along.

Tuesday is when I decided to get sick and now I have to make an appointment at the doctor to see what is going on. I got another piece of food stuck in my throat but this time it wouldn't come out. It lasted for 4 hours and was misery. My throat hurt for two days after.

Because of that, I left school early and had to make up my Doseage Calc midterm. I was actually bummed because I was totally ready to take that test. I made that up on Wednesday.

Normally I go to the lab on Wednesday to check off on my skills but I was so exhausted from Tuesday that I went home and slept for a few hours and was still tired after that.

Luckily my energy was more normal on Thursday and I was really excited about the presentation which helped I'm sure.

Today was a boring but important day. Today we went over medication administartion ad nauseum. That was the hard part. They drilled into us things like the basic patient rights and how to avoid med errors. They showed a video that was just on med errors that I never thought was going to end! It was as helpful to watch as it was painful.

So next week I have to hit the lab hard and get signed off on my last few skills. My goal for next week is to have them all completed and done so I will probably be in the lab on Wednesday and Thursday. I'll go Friday if I have to.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels