TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

As the hours wane away and the interview gets closer, I get more and more nervous! I'd say I need to go for another run today but I have a run AND a tae kwon do tournament on Saturday and don't want to overdo it. Plus I'm sore from yesterday's run. That's what a little over a month of not running will do for you.

Anyway, I'm heading out soon to do some shopping for interview clothes. My first, and hopefully only stop, will be Marshall's. I totally heart Marshalls!!! They can be hit and miss though. Hopefully I will get a hit.

I really need to get my hair cut and colored as well. My grown out cut looks like crap and I want to look sharp come interview day! Plus I can see where my color has grown out. I'm thinking of dying it a chestnut brown mixed with red. Right now it's a honey brown mixed with red with a few blond highlights. I really like it but I also really like change.

I keep looking at master's options and it always seems that I come back to Nurse Practitioner. I think I'm going to start gearing my experience and education in that route.

The school requirements are reasonable, it's something I know I will love, I can work in an office if I chose with no weekends, no holidays, and no nigts. I think overall this will offer me the best of both worlds to be able to have a great carreer and also a fabulous family life. All the signs are there for me to do this.

I will probably go back to school in January to take the last few classes that I need for my BSN and then start that as soon as my work (wherever that will be) will start paying for it or if things are good enough, just start off on my own and then let work pick up on it when I'm eligible.

Luckily the classes I have left are the easy ones. I did the hard ones while waiting for my ADN program to start. Patho and statistics......check!!!! I'm so glad I took patho before my ADN. It made it much easier! All I have to take is a foriegn language (will take spanish), speech, and one more humanities like sociology. Easy cheesy!!!

Oh well, I'm off of here. Have lots to do today and not enough time (as always).

Wish me luck on my tournament tomorrow!! I will be performing in two events. Forms/Patterns and power breaking. I will be doing Dan Gun form (this is the yellow belt green stripe form) and the power breaks are a side push kick and a hamer fist break. I have to do the hammer fist break with my left hand because of the broken right elbow so I'm not expecting to score high but I'm still excited about it and am looking forward to having fun.

God bless!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels