TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

I don't know if I'm officially lost or what but I am still not an official nurse in the system at work yet.  This is driving me absolutely nuts!  This is my biggest stressor right now by far because this is messing with my finances and you don't want to mess with a girls finances!!

I've been called and emailing HR every day and now have my unit manager, the nurse residency manager, and her assistant on the case so the poor HR person is getting it from everyone!  I figure the more noise I make and the more heat I put on them, the quicker it will get fixed.

I still don't have my graduate nurse permit either and I think it may be because of the HR issue.  Gah!!!!!

On a good note, I only have three more torturous (however you spell it) days in the classroom and then I am set free to go do my nurse thing.  Yay!

Being in the classroom has been wearing on all of us.  We're not learning anything new.  It seems like they just put us there for putting us theres sake (I hope that makes sense).  It's completely pointless.

After Friday it won't matter much though.  I will be flying to Chicago to spend time with my family who wasn't able to make it down for my graduation and pinning and I'm totally excited about that.  My aunt, cousin, and I are going to stay the night in Chicago on Saturday and then come home on Sunday, hopefully Sunday evening so we can spend some extra time in Chicago.  I will be there through Tuesday.

Then I hit the unit on Thursday.  As the day gets closer, I get more and more scared.  I've at least walked through the unit now so I know what it looks like and know the general layout but even still.  The only neonates I've ever delt with have been of the healthy kind, not the sick kind.

I know once I get in there I will be OK it's just having my first day looming over my head like a cloud along with the pay stuff and waiting for my ATT to take the NCLEX which I hope will come soon.

I know I've said it before but I just want to get this thing over and done with!!!  Once I take it, I know that some of this extra weight I've been carrying on my shoulders will be gone.

The stress has just been getting me lately.  It's actually been worse than when I was in nursing school.  I'm sure the hormones from coming off birth control aren't helping but even still!  Yeesh!!  A girl can only take so much before she breaks and I totally broke yesterday.  I'm not sure what it was but there was a straw somewhere that totally broke the camels back and it broke big!

At least I feel better today.  I am exhausted and can hardly keep my eyes open but at least I'm not like this crazy monster who is angry and yelling at one minute and crying the next.  I feel very even keel and if I have to be tired to feel "normal", I'll take it any day!

Now for some ice cream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels