TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

Yay for the weekend!  It started off pretty busy.  Yesterday morning I ran with the group and then went to breakfast at a place called The Grove downtown.  It was a nice place.  After that I came home, showered up and tried to lay down to take a nap with no avail.

Our friends had a birthday party for their girls last night so we went to that.  It was good times.  I really enjoy our friends and their two daughters a lot.  They are the kind of good people that you want to keep around in your life forever.

My job came up for just a little while and it's amazing how I'm still in disbelief that I got this position.  Even though I'm going up and down in my feelings about it, it all comes down to the fact that I still feel blessed for this opportunity.

Other than that, things are going fine.  The hormones are still all over the place since stopping birth control.  It seems that about 85% of the time I feel normal and the other 15% of the time is spent biting my tounge because the evil twin seems to come out.  I don't like it when that happens.  I'm glad I'm able to recognize it though and try to do something about it.  Each passing week it's getting better and better.  I'm hoping that I get all straightened out soon.

I talked to the guy who owns the tae kwon do studio that I go to asking him when we are going to be testing so that I can make sure I am off that day and I get a text back from him saying to not worry about it, he will work with me on it.  I thought that was really cool of him.  I do still want to go to the formal testing day though.  I want to cheer on my fellow teammates as they also rank up.  I love watching the higher belts test as well.  It really inspires me to go home and practice so that I can be at that level one day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels