TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

T-minus one day and counting until I start my new position.

I'm so excited about this that I couldn't sleep at all last night!  I had so many things going through my head about what I need to do today like grocery shop!  I haven't done a good grocery shopping in about a month.  Needless to say it's just a bit overdue.

I also keep hoping that I get to see some fellow classmates in the classroom with me tomorrow.

So far I haven't heard of anyone getting hired on anywhere.  I know one other person who interviewed on the same day I did at a different hospital and is doing their second interview on Friday.  Other than that, I haven't heard a thing.

This is how much of a dork I am.  I am making sure that my camera is nice and charged so I can take pictures.  I totally *heart* pictures and am so happy that I got my little camera for Christmas! 

I already have my scrubs laid out and everything.  I even set my alarm this morning to make sure that I at least wake up at about the time I need to tomorrow.  Not that I got out of bed or anything but I was at least conscious for a good 45 minutes when my alarm went off before I fell back asleep.

I'm super nervous about starting on nights but at the same time I'm excited.  I've been doing a lot of reading on http://www.allnurses.com/ lately about night shift and have read good and bad.  I'm doing my best to keep an open mind and who knows, maybe it will work out really good for me!

I'm already planning how I want to do my schedule to still have a life and am very excited about it!  I like the idea that i will get off at about 0730 and be able to go to the gym and do something after work or even before work.

I'm not quite sure how it's going to work out with tae kwon do and running.  I'm going to talk to the guy who owns the studio to see if I can open up my options and get permission to go to the advanced class so that I can keep coming and not have to drop.  I really enjoy it so much and it keeps me excited and energized.  I'd hate to have to quit.  :(  He's a reasonable guy so I'm guessing I will get permission to go. 

Another benefit to going to the advanced classes is that there are more people my size there.  I'm one of the oldest in my class right now which ranges from about 13 years old on up.  It's me and one other guy who comes.  We had another guy join last week but I didn't see him on Monday.  I sure hope to see him tonight.

OK, I'm just rambling now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels