TurboNurse

I'm a new nurse starting my fist job in a level 3 NICU and am scared out of my mind! I also lead a very active life. I run, do triathlons, cycle, swim, and just recently added Tae Kwon Do to my arsenal of fun things to do.

So after my little mini breakdown that I had the other day, I'm feeling much better.

I'm still concerned about getting my GN permit and all that but right now I'm more excited about my trip to Chicago/home.

Before I start that, I wanted to let you know how TKD is going.  Tonight was an unusually large class because they had to switch our schedules for a going away party for a couple of the kids in the school so we started at 5:30 instead of 7:30.  It was really nice.

Mike was the instructor tonight.  He always works us hard.  We did a lot of kicking drills, 510 kicks altogether for the class.  We did the kicking in between our patterns.  We were all wiped but it was an awesome workout.

I just wanted to mention TKD because it's starting to fall into place more.  Things are coming out a lot easier than they were and my kicks are getting better in both form and speed.  Plus I'm just feeling stronger overall.  TKD is a wonderful sport!

I'm already trying to plan what I will bring with me on my trip home.  I'm not quite sure yet but I want something cute and girly to wear.  I plan on brining a summer dress or two but from there, I'm not so sure.  I am going to pack some workout clothes so that I  can do at least one good TDK workout while I'm there.  Maybe I will even get someone to do it with me!!  That would be fun!

I'm hoping that once I get back to a regular schedule, regular being working 12 hr days and being off for 4 days a week, I will be able to get back into a regular running schedule.

I'm really starting to miss running.  Just a little bit.

It's really hard trying to plan a run when you are working 5 days a week.  I am not a 5 day work week kind of gal.  I love my 3 12's and can't wait to get back to them and my regularly scheduled life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Followers

About Me

My photo
I graduated nursing school in early May 2010. I am also very involved in ITF Taekwon-Do, cycling, triathlons, and just living an active life

Labels